Refrigeration means cooling a space or a thing to lower temperature and maintaining that temperature there without allowing it to increase. Refrigeration is also called artificial or human-made cooling. In order to maintain the refrigeration of various items in the commercial world, there is a need to invent and start using a few types of refrigeration equipment that can do wonders in everyday lives.
Uses of Refrigeration in the Commercial World
The most common use of refrigeration for a household will be using air conditioners and refrigerators that can cool food in houses and restaurants. But there are many other benefits that can be used for various applications.
- Refrigeration can be used to liquefy gasses like oxygen, nitrogen, and methane.
- Refrigeration is used in oil refineries, chemical plants, and petrochemical plants to maintain the temperature of certain processes that are required to be at a lower level only.
- Metal cutters use refrigeration equipment to temper their steel and cutlery.
- It is also used for transporting food that has to be stored at low temperatures in vehicles like trucks and trains.
Some of the Refrigeration Equipment that is Found in Refrigeration Supply
- Cold Room Storage
- The cold rooms should be provided with prefabricated panels that can be very easy to assemble.
- It should have a wide temperature range and capacity
- The food should be safe and CPC-free.
- The operation should be both manual and automatic.
- Chilling Plant
There are again types in these chillers and they are
- Air Cooled Chiller
- Water Cooled Chiller
iii. Ice Building Tank
- Curd Incubation chamber
This curd incubation chamber can be used as both a blast chiller and even for storage as well. Few things to note
- The standard incubation time will be approximately 4 hours and the standard cooling time will be 5 hours.
- The incubation process involves pasteurization of the milk, chilling, the addition of culture, Incubation for 4 hours, Chilling up to 1 hour in the blast chamber, and finally storing in the cold room.
- Bulk Milk Cooler
The capacity of this cooler should be between 250 liters to 10000 liters. Features of this refrigeration equipment include
- The design will be robust
- It should occupy minimum space.
- It should be designed to be user-friendly.
- It should be designed taking into account the climate in that particular area.
- Ice cream hardener
- This equipment is used for preparing ice cream, ice candy, and even for freezing and hardening food.
- The temperature ideally should be between -22 to -26 degrees celsius.
The key objectives of any company that is developing and manufacturing refrigeration equipment should take into account that the technology they are using should be user-friendly. There are many gaps in various industries where new types of refrigeration are required and these pieces of equipment are working in that direction.